In this issue:
- PoolTogether sets records for participants & prize money
- Set Labs launches social crypto trading on Ethereum
- TokenSoft simplifies security token investing
- Sablier adds real-time invoicing
- P2P exchanges support Ethereum Name Service
We also cover Opendime, a disposable hardware wallet that lets you spend Bitcoin like cash.
All that and more in this week’s issue. But first, here’s some…
🚀 Updates From Nomics
- #1 Nomics data reveals surprising truths about exchange tokens: In a report entitled Exchange Tokens: Neither a Great Investment Nor a Great Market Indicator, CoinDesk cites data from Nomics to show that exchange tokens like Binance Coin (BNB), Huobi Token (HT), UNUS SED LEO (LEO) and OKEx Utility Token (OKB) have not only underperformed as investments but fail to indicate much about their parent exchanges. They’re also a weak signal of speculative demand. They tell us no more than the price of Bitcoin (BTC), with which 3 of the 4 have become increasingly correlated.
- #2 Transparency upgrades for Binance JEX, Dcoin, TOKOK & Bibox: This week, crypto exchanges Binance JEX, Dcoin, TOKOK, and Bibox were all upgraded to “C” Transparency Ratings. This means that each now provides us with recent candle data, which we’ve made available on Nomics.com and via our market data API. To learn more about our crypto exchange rating system, check out the following essay.
- #3 State of Crypto M&A: How It’s Shaping the Industry: Flippening episode #68, State of Crypto M&A: How It’s Shaping the Industry, is live on our blog. In the episode, we’re joined by Ricky Tan, founder of TokenData, a research organization focused on token sales and crypto mergers and acquisitions. We discuss the state of crypto M&A and consider the future of crypto M&A markets.
And now, let’s see what the cryptocurrency world has brought us this week.