This post was last updated on January 2nd, 2020 at 02:48 pm
Quotes“We need a blockchain-based, decentralized naming system. Which it turns out is not only better for cryptocurrency addresses but for anything that you want to name.” ~@BrantlyMillegan, Director of Operations @ensdomains Click To Tweet “Our long term plan is that we want ENS to integrate and expand the usefulness of the current DNS namespace. We don't want to compete with DNS. We want to support it.” ~@BrantlyMillegan, Director of Operations @ensdomains Click To Tweet “That ENS runs on @ethereum can be completely abstracted away from the user… They could be sending #bitcoin to brantly.xyz and not know they're making use of Ethereum.” ~@BrantlyMillegan, Director of Operations @ensdomains Click To Tweet [Read more…] about 🎧 Ethereum Name Service & The Internet Naming Revolution w/ Brantly Millegan (Ep. 0065)
This post was last updated on December 18th, 2019 at 08:12 pm
In this issue:
- Nayuta releases a hybrid full-node/SPV Lightning mobile wallet
- Ethereum (ETH) completes its Istanbul hard fork
- SoftBank launches a crypto-enabled payment card
- Bakkt debuts Bitcoin (BTC) options and cash-settled futures
We also cover Deutsche Bank’s “Imagine 2030” report which predicts the end of fiat money and the rise of cryptocurrencies.
All that and more in this week’s issue. But first, here’s some…
🚀 Updates From Nomics
- Nomics Update #1: We’ve taken our raw, gapless historical trade data to the next level by enabling historical exchange, aggregated pair, and aggregated OHLCV candles for all intervals from inception. As before, each candle is built from the bottom up with primary source trade execution information.
- Nomics Update #2: More API news… It’s now possible to specify a
convertparameter when calling the Volume History endpoint. By default, volume history is returned in USD, but you can choose
convert=BTC, or any fiat or cryptocurrency listed on Nomics. For more, check out the API docs.
- Nomics Update #3: On the Markets tab for each cryptoasset on Nomics, we list trading pairs on every exchange that has integrated with us. For each pair/exchange, we now include the market ID, the pair’s identifier on the exchange. We’ve also added the type of market: Derivative or Spot. See the screenshot (below) or try a real live Markets tab.
- Nomics Update #4: We’re also pleased to announce our new webinar portal. We regularly hold in-depth webinars with leaders in the crypto space, and we always give plenty of notice, but not everyone has time to listen in the middle of the day. No longer a problem – we’ve got all the replays in the same place.
- Nomics Update #5: Flippening episode #64, The Evolution of Crypto-Backed Loans, is live on our blog. In the episode, we talk with Antoni Trenchev, co-founder and Managing Director at Nexo (NEXO), a provider of instant crypto-backed loans and high-yield savings products. We cover the Nexo product line, the history of crypto-backed lending, and the future of the space.
- Nomics Update #6: Our Ballet hardware wallet giveaway continues! We’re giving away 3 (THREE!) multicurrency, non-electronic Ballet hardware wallets. The wallet, which is the size of a credit card, is easy to use and supports Bitcoin plus a growing list of altcoins. The giveaway ends on December 16th at midnight EST. Enter here. (Side note: if you’re a product company in the crypto space and would like to work with us on a giveaway, please get in touch.)
And now, let’s see what the cryptocurrency world has brought us this week.
This post was last updated on July 11th, 2019 at 08:24 pm
Part 1 Audio: The Definitive Intro To Tokenized Securities
Part 2 Audio: How Security Token Platforms Actually Work
Part 3 Audio: 7 Predictions About Our (Wild) Tokenized Future
Case Study Addendum: Tokenizing a Fund w/ Rob Nance (Part 1 of 2)
Case Study Addendum: Tokenizing a Fund w/ Rob Nance (Part 2 of 2)
Table of Contents
- Intro: “Tokenize The World”
- Thanks to Our Sponsors
- TTW Part 1: The Definitive Intro To Tokenized Securities
- Part 2: How Security Token Platforms Actually Work
- Part 3: Seven Predictions About Our (Wild) Tokenized Future
- Case Study Addendum: Tokenizing a Fund w/ Rob Nance from CityBlock Capital (Part 1 of 2)
- Case Study Addendum: Tokenizing a Fund w/ Rob Nance from CityBlock Capital (Part 2 of 2)
Introduction to This Documentary
I decided to create this documentary about security tokenization after learning that many of my preconceived notions about security tokens were just flat wrong. During my journey, I also discovered that several individuals I respected (and who were otherwise well versed on cryptoassets) also had misconceptions about security tokenization, how and where security tokens attempted to add value, why they might be needed, and the mechanisms of how they worked.
As my friend, Taylor Pearson pointed out in a really long Tweet storm: understanding how cryptocurrencies work means understanding cryptography, distributed systems, economics, and politics.
Security tokens add to this list . . .
- SEC regulations & securities laws
- Equity mechanics
- Private and public issuance of stock
- Secondary trading
- Guidelines from over 100+ legal jurisdictions
My purpose here is not to convince you that security tokens and asset back tokens are valuable or needed, but instead to simply the complex and tell the story of projects makers, issuers, investors, and influencers driving adoption of security tokens.
To create this content, I had conversations with leading thinkers and creators in the field. What I found is that, at every step of the way, the tokenization of securities, real estate, art, and other real-world assets is forcing us to reexamine old habits and ways of operating.
This documentary started off as a passion project, quickly turned into a huge, time-consuming pain, and is now back to being a passion project as we hit publish.
Thanks To Our Sponsors
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank our two sponsors, Blocktrade.com and the Nomics API.
Currency.com is the world’s first regulated tokenized securities exchange that allows you to use your Bitcoin or Ethereum holdings – and even fiat – to trade the world’s biggest markets through tokenized securities. Choose to trade with up to 100x leverage or buy and sell assets of your choice from over 200 tokenized securities. Crypto traders are able to trade traditional financial assets without putting their holdings under price pressure or exchanging to fiat. Of course, this is all possible with the security, trust, and precision of blockchain technology. It’s simple: trade with crypto, profit in crypto. Go to Currency.com/nomics to get started!
Blocktrade.com will be the first fully licensed security token exchange in Europe, focused on listing crypto assets, security tokens, and other tokenized financial instruments. By being fully MiFID II compliant they will enable crypto trading to institutional traders while unlocking huge amounts of liquidity with their primary market partners. If you’re someone who’s following the security token space, they have quite a few things to announce in the next couple of weeks, including their public beta launch. Be sure to go to Blocktrade.com, hit the red subscribe button at the top, and get on their announcement newsletter.[Read more…] about Tokenize The World: A Tokenized Securities Documentary
TokenSoft is a SaaS token sale platform which enables clients to launch blockchain-based securities and token sales under US Regulation D, Regulation S, and Regulation A+ in addition to other token sale formats. Their platform also supports small businesses, enterprises, and institutions to meet compliance requirements at issuance, distribution, or exchange.