This post was last updated on February 6th, 2020 at 01:47 pm
In this issue:
- Crypto exchange Bitso leads the way in US-Mexico remittances
- Bitcoin (BTC) turns 11 as its hash rate hits all-time highs
- Aragon puts juries on the blockchain
- Binance & MyCrypto’s Ambo add fiat on-ramps
We also cover the growing decentralized finance (DeFi) sector, which continues to break new ground in lending, cryptoasset trading, and savings products.
All that and more in this week’s issue. But first, here’s some…
🚀 Updates From Nomics
- Nomics Update #1: The Market tabs for each exchange on Nomics.com now includes an “Unmapped” section that lists markets for which we have data but haven’t yet mapped. A market can go unmapped for several reasons. The market ID (used by the exchange) could be difficult to parse or there may be an issue with the symbol used for the base or quote currency. For a look at the new section, check out the OKEx Markets tab.
- Nomics Update #2: Flippening episode #66, A Cryptoeconomic Designer’s View of Markets, is live on our blog. In the episode, we meet Matt Chwierut, co-founder and Director of Research at Smith + Crown, a blockchain research organization. We discuss cryptoeconomic design, market trends, the evolving case for Bitcoin, and more.
- Nomics Update #3: On January 9th, we held a Flippening Podcast [LIVE] webinar with Camila Russo, founder of The Defiant, a daily newsletter focused on the DeFi space. In the webinar, titled Ethereum’s Untold History & Defying Future, we cover the history of Ethereum and the promise of decentralized finance, most of which runs on the Ethereum blockchain. Replay available here.
And now, let’s see what the cryptocurrency world has brought us this week.
In this issue, we look back at the year that was. 2019 was rough for many cryptocurrencies, but not all. Bitcoin (BTC) finished the year up 85% and more secure than ever with its hash rate surpassing all-time highs. The Litecoin price climbed about 30%. Of course, our focus here is not the market but the products and services bringing crypto to the masses. The market’s ups and downs are merely the backdrop as we review the year’s biggest events for mainstream crypto adoption.
Along the way, we’ll preview our new format.
Going forward, each issue of Popular Crypto will be a Top Ten list of the most important developments for crypto mainstreaming. We’re switching formats to bring more focus to our coverage.
All that and more in this week’s issue. But first, here’s a . . .
🥂 Message From Nomics
2019 was a great year for Nomics.com. We accomplished a lot as a company, beat our revenue goal by 100%, and our traffic goal by much more.
But we’re just as proud of our contributions to transparent data initiatives. As a provider of crypto market data, we see ticker stuffing, exchange spam, and other forms of fake volume on a daily basis. And we started the year on a mission to clean things up.
In April, we introduced our new crypto exchange rating system, which grades exchanges according to their willingness to provide auditable histories. See Nomics’ Exchange Transparency Ratings (And The Correlation Between Transparency & Fake Volume, and Toxic Activity).
In August, we followed up with the release of our transparent volume indicator. Indeed, for each cryptoasset on Nomics.com, we now provide the amount of trading volume occurring on transparent exchanges.
Finally, in September we also released the Nomics Manifesto (entitled Transparency Must Be Trustless) to affirm our commitment to transparency. By shining a light on shady exchange practices and proposing innovative solutions, we hope to push the space towards the day when average consumers can save and spend crypto as comfortably as they use fiat.
And now, 2019’s biggest events for mainstream crypto adoption.
This post was last updated on October 28th, 2019 at 05:12 pm
Part 1 w/ Changpeng Zhao (CZ), Founder & CEO of Binance
Part 2 w/ Wei Zhou, CFO of Binance
[Read more…] about [Podcast] Binance’s Rapid Rise w/ CEO Changpeng Zhao (CZ) & CFO Wei Zhou