This post was last updated on January 29th, 2018 at 10:07 pm
Cryptoinvestor Weekly started out as a news roundup for professional and institutional crypto investors. Unfortunately, last week’s issue was the last roundup (while this newsletter will live on, the roundups will not).
While we received a lot of great feedback about the roundups — and had a lot of fun making them — they had nowhere near the same impact as our podcast. I heard positive feedback about the newsletter a few times per week . . . but received glowing reviews of the podcast a few times per day.
With the podcast, we see an opportunity to do something that’s never been done before. (While multiple roundups curating content from around the cryptosphere already exist and frankly don’t seem to be making a huge impact).
There are a lot of crypto podcasts out there, but we believe what we’re building has the potential to put a dent in the narrative, create the change we’d like to see in the world, and expose conversations that the vast majority of folks in this space don’t have access to.
So the energy previously allocated to the roundup will in part be reallocated to the podcast. (Note: if you haven’t listened to the podcast yet, I highly encourage it; this Tuesday’s episode is more representative of our future direction than anything we’ve released thus far).
We’ll also be re-launching this newsletter next week with a different focus that aligns more closely with our mission and empowers us to deliver more value to you (more on that later).
How This Newsletter’s Reboot Will Be Impacted By The Launch of Nomics’ MVP
To explain what’s coming next with the newsletter, I’ll first need to tell you a little bit about our mission and upcoming MVP launch.
Our mission is to make the decentralized financial system accessible to everyone.
In order to accomplish our mission, we’re building two products: a back-end product and a front-end product.
Our Back-End Product
Out back-end product aspires to be the data backbone for developers and professional cryptoinvestors. This backbone will initially be provided via an API as a service product. Our product roadmap revolves around a “Triple A” feature set: that is, our core product archives, aggregates, and analyzes both on- and off-blockchain cryptoasset data relevant to investors and traders.
If you’d like to be notified when our API is in private beta, please fill out this form.
Our Consumer/Front-End Product
Our front-end product aspires to be the “Yahoo Finance for Cryptoasset Investors” and the internet’s home page for Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other cryptocurrencies. This front-end product will consume our back-end API and be its first customer).
Our goals are ambitious, but we’re up to the task. And we’re excited that . . .
Our MVP Is Being Released This Week
Our MVP is being released this week. We’re excited.
Concomitant with this release is the reboot of this newsletter, which will become focused on creating a public discussion about cryptocurrency data.
Topics will include . . .
- An exploration of methodologies for determining all-time highs (just because someone executed a single trade on a low-volume exchange to purchase 1/100th of a BTC for $1K doesn’t mean that the ATH is $100K)
- How should we determine the true price of a cryptocurrency (and why volume weighted Korean exchange data should not be excluded)?
- Should the price of ETH have been reported at over $2.2K USD on January 12th even though the ETH/USD pair was never trading at $2.2K (i.e. folks were paying “equivalent” prices using other fiat currencies, but not the U.S. Dollar).
We’ll also . . .
- Present analysis and insights from our datasets
- Have open discussions about our product roadmap (to solicit your feedback)
- Let you know about important podcasts we’re doing, like the episode that’s being released on Tuesday
- And do our best to give you advanced warning, and the opportunity to push back, if we’re thinking about changing our methods, indicators, or measurement philosophies
We believe there’s a real opportunity to create an open two-way channel for discussions about the measurement of fundamental cryptoasset data. And we believe that the reboot of this newsletter is the best way to take advantage of this opportunity.
Onwards and upwards,