A lot is happening at Nomics as we gear up for the alpha release of our API.
Multiple times per week Nick and I have been on the phone with software engineers at hedge funds, family offices, and cryptoasset projects . . . discussing datasets, backtesting, training machine learning models, and how our API and services can best serve our customers. We’ve learned a lot. (Note: if you’re interested in getting early access to our API, please fill out this form).
Here Are Last Week’s The Top Highlights . . .
Highlight #1 — We Are Pleased To Now Offer Concierge Data Services to Institutional Investors, Family Offices, Hedge Funds, and Private Investors
This service is for organizations who (1) don’t have an in-house development staff, or (2) seek to free up engineering resources by outsourcing part of their cryptoasset data work.
In most cases, our fees are less than hiring a developer to do the work.
Services offered include:
- Strategy backtesting against our dataset of over 2 billion trades
- Training your machine learning models on our datasets
- Execution of rebalancing methodologies
- Building and testing crypto financial models
- Ongoing identification of arbitrage opportunities
- Implementation of your indexing methodology
- Finding time-delayed correlations among cryptoassets
- Custom and complex alerts and alerting
If you’re interested in engaging us in a cryptocurrency data project, please complete this form.
Highlight #2 — The Spec For The Alpha Version of Our API Is Now Live
The Nomics API is an HTTP+JSON API. There are a variety of endpoints for different types of data, with their own parameters and response types. All requests will require an authorization header with a valid API key.
Highlight #3 — Our Form For Registering Interest In Early Access to Our API Is Now Live
The Nomics API is a lightning fast REST and WebSocket JSON API.
Our API aspires to be the data backbone for developers and professional cryptoinvestors. Our product roadmap revolves around a “Triple A” feature set: our core product archives, aggregates, and analyzes both on- and off-blockchain cryptoasset data relevant to investors and traders.
The Nomics API provides:
- All trades and orders* on 30+ cryptocurrency exchanges (including historical trade data) behind one API
- Candlestick data for any time period
- Real-time and historical trade and order data*
- Price, market cap, supply, and all-time high data
- World class API documentation
- Service level agreements (SLAs) with uptime and response time guarantees
- Zapier and IFTTT integrations
- Rapid support turnaround times
If you’d like to be notified when our API is in private beta, please complete this form.
Highlight #4 — Rob Paone Interviews Me On The Latest Episode of The Flippening Podcast
My guest in this episode is actually me (Clay Collins).
On this episode, you will hear a very special interview conducted by Rob Paone, the host of The Crypto Bobby Podcast.
A few weeks ago, Rob interviewed me for his podcast and I liked the content so much that I asked Rob if I could air a modified version of that conversation here for you today. He generously said yes.
You’re probably used to me being the one asking the questions. In this episode, we flip the script and I hope you enjoy what happens when the tables are turned.
- Nomics’ origin story and what led myself and my co-founder to start Nomics.
- A high-level overview of what Nomics is involved in at the moment.
- What the future product roadmap for Nomics looks like, and the importance of our forthcoming API product.
- Why we think we have the cleanest data in the space.
- The evolution of institutional participation in crypto investing and some of the top lessons learned thus far from the Flippening Podcast.
- The difference between Alpha and Beta gains.
- The ethics of crypto asset liquidity events or ICOs.
- The evolution of ICO fundraising.
- Crypto index funds and crypto funds of funds.
- Why I’m so interested in decentralized exchanges.
- Our favorite crypto projects right now.
We’ve really enjoyed the response we’re getting to this newsletter and want to ensure that it continues to deliver the value you seek as a subscriber. If you have any content suggestions or issues you’d like to cover, please leave a comment below and let us know how we can best serve you.