It has been some time since our last newsletter. Why the long gap? We’ve been busy making a ton of improvements to Nomics.com and our API, as well as focusing on growing our team and our business.
Our database now holds over 3 billion trades, and we have a lot of thoughts to share this week around pricing, API updates, and new hires. I’d also like to introduce you to some of our new users and share some thoughts around crypto exchange growth strategies.
Nomics.com Website Updates
Update #1: New Pages For Individual Crypto Exchanges
We’ve released pages for individual cryptocurrency exchanges (for example, see this one about Binance).
These pages are, to my knowledge, the most detailed exchange analytics pages available today on any crypto market data aggregation website.
On this page, we give you:
- Crypto quote currency dominance
- Overall quote currency dominance
- Volume and volume change information for all trading pairs on a given exchange
- Total number of executed trades
- Number of executed trades across all individual trading pairs
And much much more.
Update #2: New Exchange Index Page
This page shows you some of the exchanges that we ingest data from.
This page is the most detailed crypto exchange over page available today on any aggregation website.
On this page, we give you:
- Historical global exchange volume over time
- Crypto exchange volume dominance
- Number of executed trades over time
- Number of trading pairs per exchange
- Fiat trading pairs offered
- Exchange location
So if you’re an exchange and you would like to do a deep data integration to get a page of your own, and some free promotion, then get in touch. The integration is super simple and ensures that you get under the eyes of the main users of our API – institutional investors.
Update #4: Orderbook Data For Users Of Our Paid Plans
The Nomics API now has normalized order book data available for Binance, Bittrex, Coinbase Pro, Bitfinex, and BitMex (with more exchanges coming).
Update #5: Global Cryptocurrency Volume Now Available in the Nomics API
We now have a Global Cryptocurrency Volume endpoint that returns volume for all currencies summed to USD.
Update #6: Nomics API Now Supports the Number of Trades on Some Endpoints
Update #7: Exchange Market APIs Now Support Filtering by Exchange
Update #8: Demo Key and Code Samples
Update #9: Currencies API Endpoint
We now have a currencies endpoint where you can fetch all supported currency ids.
Update #10: New Demo, Powered by Glitch.com
The Nomics API docs now have a built-in demo, powered by Glitch. You can remix it to easily create your own app.
Update #11: Market Filters
You can now filter the Markets API Endpoint by exchange, base currency, or quote currency.
Update #12: Time filters on all API Endpoints
All Nomics’ API endpoints now filter start and end parameters for filtering by time. This includes our candles and exchange candles endpoints, currencies sparkline, market cap history, and more.
Nomics API Case Studies
Update #13: Bletchley Indexes Case Study
Bletchley Indexes provides 8 unique digital asset indexes born from the need to figure out how the crypto market was moving. It is fast becoming the go-to platform for asset managers, investors, and traders to find accurate benchmarks and independent, up-to-date, high-quality market information. You can find out how they circumnavigated the usual ill-defined global metrics in our case study on their use of our API.
Update #14: TokenSoft Case Study
TokenSoft is a SaaS token sales platform which enables clients to launch blockchain-based securities and token sales under US Regulation D, Regulation S, Regulation A+ and other international securities sale formats. They also support small businesses, enterprises, and institutions to meet compliance requirements at issuance, distribution, or exchange. Check out the case study on their use of our API.
New Team Members
Update #15: We’ve Added Four Makers to Team Nomics
To help support our growing business, we are also growing our team. I’m happy to welcome our new members who will be doing everything possible to ensure you have a great Nomics experience.
- Brandon is our new creative director and product designer has joined the team, so expect our API docs, our API signup flows and website to start looking much, much better. He’s also an expert at conversion rate optimization, so if you find yourself purchasing our paid API plan when you didn’t before, his spell is on you.
- Tyler is hands down one of the best engineering leaders I know (we’ve worked together in the past). He joins us from target.com where he led, among other things, the creation and implementation of site-wide user tracking systems for one of the most heavily trafficked sites on the internet. So expect your feature requests to get prioritized and executed really soon.
- William will be joining our team the first week of November as lead backend API developer. and will be 100% dedicated to our API product, adding more endpoints, surfacing more data, and all the things that you’ve been requesting. Don’t forget, if you do have a feature request email us: email@example.com
- Maie is our new editor and will be overseeing our blog and more. If you haven’t been to blog.nomics.com for a while, go ahead and check it out. We’ve begun posting case studies of folks using the Nomics API. If you’re using our product in an interesting and exciting way, get in touch and let us know.
Data Platform Announcements
Update #15: IDEX Has Completed a “Deep Data Integration” with Our Data Platform And Is Now The First A+ Verified Exchange on Nomics.com
IDEX (the leading decentralized crypto exchange) has become the first crypto exchange to complete a deep data integration with the Nomics.com data platform. What does this mean?
- IDEX’s current and historical gapless raw trade data will now be available to investors via the Nomics.com website and market data API.
- IDEX will be listed on Nomics.com as A+ Verified Exchange. This means that Nomics has vetted IDEX’s trade history and verifies that an exchange meets the highest reliability, consistency, and data integrity standards.
- A+ Verified Exchange status is a distinction that not only comes with a verification badge on Nomics.com but also means that IDEX’s markets will be highlighted and receive priority exposure on Nomics’ website.
- Over 2.2 million trades, 750+ trading pairs, and 700 cryptoassets will be added to the Nomics dataset through IDEX’s integration with Nomics.
You can read more about the IDEX integration on our blog.
Here are some of the latest podcasts you might have missed since our last newsletter:
We dive deep into the issues of custody, the spectrum of options and dimensions that exist for solving the institutional custody problem with regards to crypto assets, and the suite of institutional products that Coinbase is rolling out.
In this episode, Nomics’ Clay Collins and Nick Gauthier are interviewed by the creator of the Crypto Cast Network, who goes by the name of Vortex.
We really enjoy Eric’s Proof of Work newsletter. It isn’t filled with news hackery or thought pieces from Medium; instead, it includes updates directly from the makers behind top crypto projects. We asked him to do a monthly audio wrap up for us and this is the result.
The dual issues of debt and lending are just too big to ignore and absolutely rife with investment opportunities. In this podcast, we break down the topic of tokenized debt and look at the history of lending.
Spotting Nomics Around The Cryptosphere
Our API is reliable, has great documentation, deep historical data, and of course, we’re here to help you with top-notch support. But don’t take our word for it, take a quick look at some of the folks who recently started using Nomics.
Update #20: Bloomberg Intelligence
— Clay Collins (@ClayCollins) October 16, 2018
Update #21: Travas Research
Love seeing great products built on top of our API. https://t.co/zsJv4anAtS
— Nomics Crypto (@nomicsfinance) November 7, 2018
Update #22: The CoinPride Newsletter
We always look forward to receiving Coinpride, a weekly newsletter that curates all the best #crypto news from trusted sources around the world. We're proud to note that it also uses our super simple API to power its pricing reports. Check it out here: https://t.co/BfC1toBvBM pic.twitter.com/094TFZIhf6
— Nomics Crypto (@nomicsfinance) November 7, 2018
Update #22: The Diar Newsletter
We’re pleased to be a trusted information source for institutional publication @DiarNewsletter. Be sure to check them out for the latest #analysis, forward outlook and #marketintelligence for the world's digital assets industry. https://t.co/UlNOJQ6YzP pic.twitter.com/s8PisKylVy
— Nomics Crypto (@nomicsfinance) November 2, 2018
Update #23: Moon Holdings
— Leon Gaban (@leongaban) October 23, 2018
Update #24: Crypto Bobby from AirSwap
— Crypto Bobby (@crypto_bobby) October 23, 2018
Update #25: Panda Analytics
— Panda Analytics (@PandaAnalytics) October 3, 2018
Update #26: Cool Glitch Apps
Tired of hunting down how much fiat your coins are worth? Wonder no more.https://t.co/OElRVHsR44
Powered by the @nomicsfinance API.
— Tyler van der Hoeven (@tyvdh) September 26, 2018
Update #27: R Packages
For all the data-scientists that like to work in R, I wrote an R package with API functionality around Nomics, Binance and Kraken. You can find the package here: https://t.co/OAogwdxYJp. Feel free to use and contribute to the repository.
— Thibaut Van Weehaeghe (@TWeehaeghe) November 1, 2018
Update #27: Ryan Selkis from Messari
We love @nomicsfinance over here as well. All love between crypto's top data grinders. We can self-regulate with better data and transparency.
exchange, new asset creation, cross-border payments, etc. https://t.co/vzuK2zkqtQ
— Ryan Selkis (@twobitidiot) October 18, 2018
We always enjoy the response we get to this newsletter and want to ensure that it continues to deliver the value you seek as a subscriber. If you have any content suggestions or issues you’d like to cover, please leave a comment below and let us know how we can best serve you. Moving forward, we hope to be producing them at more regular intervals.