In this issue:
- Bitfinex adds Lightning support and partners with Bitrefill
- Binance acquires DappReview, a Beijing-based research and advertising firm
- Cardano (ADA) and COTI launch AdaPay
- 0x (ZRX) releases v3 to unlock shared liquidity pools across exchanges and value stored in DeFi contracts
We also cover Bitcoin Core 0.19.0, a major upgrade made possible by more than 100 developers, most of whom were unpaid volunteers.
All that and more in this week’s issue. But first, here’s some…
🚀 Updates From Nomics
- Nomics Update #1: Crypto exchange SparkDEX has completed a Deep Data Integration with Nomics and is now an A+ verified exchange (i.e. they have an A+ Transparency rating on our cryptocurrency exchange index page and our market data API).
- Nomics Update #2: Our embeddable cryptocurrency pricing widget is up and running in the wild. It’s fast, completely mobile responsive, and insanely flexible. You can quote a cryptocurrency in any fiat or cryptocurrency you like. For example, you could quote a cryptocurrency in a major fiat currency like USD or Euros, or you could use your local fiat currency, which may be less commonly traded. Let’s quote Cardano (ADA) in Mexican pesos.
Mouse along to see how many pesos it took to buy ADA 4 hours ago, 12 hours ago, 24 hours ago, etc. For more on the widget and how to use it, see here.
- Nomics Update #3: This week we held a webinar with Rob Paone, a.k.a. “Crypto Bobby”, founder of Proof of Talent, a boutique recruiting firm that serves the blockchain and crypto industries. We discussed the evolving nature of the job market from the points of view of job seekers and employers. Catch the replay here.
- Nomics Update #4: We held another webinar the week of Thanksgiving. We met up with Brantly Millegan, Director of Operations for Ethereum Name Service (ENS), a system that enables users to register human-readable addresses for sending money or interacting with Ethereum (ETH) smart contracts. For example, “0x4cbe58c50480…” could be changed to “alice.eth.” In our discussion, Brantly explained how ENS is helping to create a new, decentralized web. Replay here.
- Nomics Update #5: Flippening episodes #62 and #63, The State of Decentralized Exchange in 2019, are live on our blog. In the two-part conversation, we talk with Will Warren and Amir Bandeali, co-founders of 0x (which issues the ZRX token), an open-source protocol that facilitates the decentralized exchange of tokens and the creation of decentralized exchanges or DEXs. We cover everything from the prehistory of decentralized exchange, to DEXs in 2019 and the future of the space.
- Nomics Update #6: Nomics is giving away 3 (THREE!) multicurrency, non-electronic hardware wallets from Ballet. The wallet, which is the size of a credit card, is easy to use and supports Bitcoin (BTC) plus a growing list of alts like Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), and Litecoin (LTC). The giveaway ends on December 16th at midnight EST. Enter here. (Side note: if you’re a product company in the crypto space and would like to work with us on a giveaway, please get in touch.)
And now, let’s see what the cryptocurrency world has brought us this week.